The Board shall resort to the Moderation policy to:
- Compensate the candidates for the difficulties experienced in solving the question in a specified time due to misinterpretation/ambiguity of questions and errors.
- Compensate the vagaries and to bring uniformity in the evaluation process.
- Bring parity on account of the element of subjectivity involved in the evaluation process.
- Level up the mean achievements in the set-wise performance of the candidates attributable to the difference in the difficulty level of different sets of question papers in the multiple sets scheme.
- Maintain near parity of pass percentage of the candidates in the current year vis-a-vis preceding years, subject-wise and overall.