The Board shall consist of:–
- Six persons to be elected by the Agra University who shall be teachers of the Degree Classes in affiliated colleges in the united provinces, not less than two of whom shall be teachers of the subject assigned to the faculty of Science.
- Principals of Degree Colleges in Rajputana, Central India and Gwalior (at present).
- Two representatives to be nominated by the States and areas, maintaining at least one intermediate college (One of these representatives being from Rajputana and one from Central India and Gwalior), provided the States and areas represented under(c) shall not receive representation under this clause.
- Representatives to be nominated by States and areas under the control of the Board maintaining not less than four High Schools (at present).
- Seven representatives from States, three from Rajputana, three from Central India and one from Gwalior, provided that States in Central India and Rajputana already represented under Clause (C) or (E) shall not be entitled to representation under this clause.
- The principals of the Mayo and the Daly Colleges (Ex-Officio).
- One lady member to represent female education to be nominated by the Controlling Authority from the areas concerned in rotation.
- One representative of the administered areas in Rajputana to be nominated by the agent to the Governor-General, Rajputana.
- One representative of the Administered area in central India to be nominated by the agent to the Governor-General in central India.
- Four persons engaged in teaching in degree classes in affiliated colleges, two of whom shall be engaged in teaching Science in Rajputana and Central India, two to be nominated by the agent to the Governor General Rajputana, and two by the agent to the Governor-General, central India.
- Persons not exceeding two in number to be nominated by the Controlling Authority to secure the representation of interests not otherwise adequately represented.
The Board shall have the following powers namely
- To conduct examinations;
- To admit candidates to its examinations;
- To recognize institutions for the purpose of its examinations;
- To inspect or call for inspection report on the condition of institutions recognized or applying for recognition;
- To prescribe courses of instruction for recognized institutions;
- To grant diplomas or certificate of having passed the examinations of the Board to persons who –
- have perused a course of study in any institution recognized by that Board, or
- to teachers, or
- have studied privately under conditions laid down in the regulations.
- To demand and receive such fees as may be prescribed in the regulations.
- To supervise the residence, health, and discipline of the students of the recognised institution and to make arrangements for promoting their general welfare.
- To do all such other acts and things as may be requisite to further the objects of the Board as a body constituted for regulating and supervising Secondary Education.
- The Board shall appoint Committees of Courses, a financial committee and such other committees as it may deem necessary for the proper execution of its business.
- Such committees shall consist of members of the Board and such other persons, if any, as the Board in each case may think fit to appoint.
- A committee may co-opt persons to the limit of 1/3 of the total number of members of the Committee.
When the Board has constituted a committee to deal with any matter with which the Board is empowered to deal by this Resolution, the Board before exercising its powers in any particular case shall receive and consider the report of the committee concerned.
- The conduct of Examinations including the appointment of examiners and their duties, powers, and remuneration.
- The conditions under which candidates shall be admitted to the examinations of the Board.
- The conditions under which the Board will recognize an institution for its examinations.
- The condition under which the Board may recognize institutions for its examinations.
- The conditions for the award of the diplomas and certificates of the Board.
- The institution of scholarships and prizes.
- The election and co-option of members to the Board and its Committees.
- The Constitution power and duties of committees;
The Board may make regulations to carry into effect the provisions of this Resolution.
In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, the Board may make regulations for all or any of the following matters, namely:
- Finance Committee
- Examination Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- Affiliation Committee
- Result Committee